FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:40 am
Monsieur S.

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue, LH Miles&More, EK Skywards, Hyatt GP
Had a 2 night stay recently in London, and decided to stay 1 night at Andaz Liverpool Street and 1 at HR London - The Churchill. I'll post reviews of each hotel in their respective threads.

After having spent the first night at Andaz (a very pleasurable one btw), next up was HR - The Churchill.

Also here, was able to have a good rate through the Limited Offer (prepaid) at 224£ (about 250€), which is pretty good for this property, especially with the very good £ to € conversion rate these days.

I arrived around noon, and was directed from the front check in desk to the Regency club on the 8th floor for check in. I've stayed at this hotel before, but first ime as Diamond member. Everything went smoothly and was explained the operation hours etcetera of the RC.

The room (on the 9th floor) was a standard club king. It's the same size/lay out as the other king bed rooms, nice enough, but if your 2 persons staying for more then 1 night I would say it's a bit small. Diamond amenity was quite generous with some fruits, half bottle of red wine and 2 brownies, no personal welcome (back) letter though which is a small touch I always like. Free bottles of water are provided with turn down service. Same as on my other stays, I could notice a lot of noise coming from the corridor and the other rooms.

Breakfast buffet in RC on 8th floor. Need to use your room keycard to enter. The space was packed with people when I was there, and generally speaking it is already a bit of a claustrophobic space with low ceilings lots of tables, chairs, couches and to top it of that madmad carpet that's everywhere... Food was quite nice, although I was disappointed not to see any hot items (maybe I missed them?).

Conclusion : it's a nice property, in a (for me) perfect location, but it's really lacking in "personality", or let's say its "personality" isn't quite what I'm looking for. I also feel that service level could be better, and I never felt any special attention or care.