Old Dec 17, 09, 10:11 am
jabez
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

Do the Q bonuses alter your Hilton activity?

A few years ago I shared some emails with a Hilton executive. Some of our online conversations were centered around my question, "Why are Diamonds not offered any bonuses?" At that time, the only bonuses reported here at FT were those targeted to those with lower or no status.

The reply I received was similar to "It's Hilton's current marketing plan to target those who have stopped staying with us or only use us sporadically. The consensus is that Diamonds don't need any extra incentives to motivate them to stay with us."

Recently, we have witnessed quarterly bonuses that are opened to all. In reality, since diamonds have more stays, these bonuses now seem to reward the Diamonds more than any other group. It got me to thinking, do these Q bonuses work? Do they alter our behavior?

When I consider 2009, I can say that the HH bonuses did affect my stays. I purposed some extra stays during the Delta bonus time, I added two extra stays this month (my last one tonight)to make another 25K and I'm already planning on earning at least 5 certs for the Q1 bonus.

So, to spite the points devaluation, have or will these bonus programs positively affect your HH activity?

I also wonder why Hilton changed their marketing plan. Were they worried about defections, or was it simply trying to match what their competion is doing?