FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New redemption levels plus a free night
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:24 am
Jailer

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by saad
if 74% of the properties remain the same then that is not what was indicated earlier....for the last couple of months, what has been mentioned here is that each property is going up by atleast one category....
I think what we have here is a two-part process. The USA Today article speaks to phase one and that as part of the yearly reclassification of individual hotels 10% are going up; 16% are going down: not really big news. Phase two is the re-ordering of the category system. I visualize an excel spreadsheet where the columns stay the same and all the data (the hotels) moves to the right (causing the need to create another column on the right). This is the 20% across the board increase that the article speaks of (although it is not exactly a 20% across the board increase).

I think that the confusing thing is that both phases are happening at the same time; as the entire grid moves to the right some hotels within the grid move to the right (10%) and some to the left (16%).