FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:03 am
wbl-mn-flyer

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FoundInRNO
Things must be slow at the Waikoloa Village--

I got a call last night that the upgrade I selected for the Presidential Suite was available for the duration of my 10+ night stay, starting later in the week. I was floored. Total cost of the upgrade was only $269/night additional. I was under the assumption that these rooms were ~$4,000/night. With the increase, it could have been mine for ~$1,050/night.

I politely declined the $2,700+ upgrade since I already had a nice room to begin with.

A few years back, while on an award stay and also a Diamond that year, we got one of these. No extra charge. VERY nice digs. Would not have sprung for $270 a night extra however. For $3,000 you should be able to rent an ocean side house with swimming pool, for 10 days, on the Big Island. Got to keep things like this in perspective.

Presidential Suites
Each of the five Presidential Suites - Duke Kahanamoku, 'Iolani, King Kalakaua, Monarchy, and Waiulua - is over 3,000 square feet, featuring two bedrooms, and two and one-half bathrooms. Suites offer living, dining, kitchenette with microwave and mini refrigerator, sauna, bedroom and dressing areas as well as spacious lanais and spectacular ocean views

Duke Kahanamoku Suite:

Lagoon Tower and Ocean Tower Presidential Suites
One suite located in Lagoon Tower on the top floor on the front side of the tower, and one suite located in Ocean Tower on the top floor of the center ring.
Waiulua-6315 (Lagoon Tower), Duke Kahanamoku-7099 (Ocean Tower)

Last edited by wbl-mn-flyer; Dec 15, 2009 at 10:13 am