FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:00 am
stevens397

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Boy, what a depressing thread. So let me get this straight:

1. We should not be specific lest the hotel put two and two together and try to retaliate

2. We should be less than honest and only report great experiences and upgrades - lest the hotel retaliate.

3. Retaliation is easy - they have our credit card numbers and, it seems, we are guilty until proven innocent.

I totally believe that neither the Lurkers not SPG ratted the OP out. But FlyerTalk exists for a reason - so we can share the bad and the good. And SPG, in their wisdom, has assigned Lurkers to this board so represent us and to represent Starwood, and to make us feel that we are heard and valued.

The OP's situation alone is merely a sad story. The chorus of amens seems to indicate that there may be a problem here that would put this hotel beyond the image that Starwood wishes to put out there. I certainly don't expect the Lurkers to have the kind of power that some posters seem to want - the ability to dictate resolution and even kick hotels out of the system.

Years ago, my family and I had a horrible experience with a flight attendant on TWA. AFter the flight, I went to the desk to make a formal complaint. The manager on duty actually made compensation and told me that my report would be placed in the person's file. They told me that this report alone would not mean much, but if there was a pattern, it would be harshly and firmly dealt with. I think all people here want to know is that this is being seriously investigated to determine if there is a pattern here and, if so, for Starwood to react appropriately.

That said, I've only had good experiences at this hotel but I sure was nervous the last time I checked in!