FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary WiFi on Acela
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:21 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I got a question. I see kids who are college students like me who have internet when they are on a train and I feel it's unlikely of them having those internet cards that cell phone companies provide since they are expensive and college students don't exactly need them on-campus. Where do they get their internet? Cause the Acelas I'm on, I never rode one that had complimentary WIFI or was there any open, working router/access point... Heard that Optimum's WIFI for current Optimum customers had a few areas where they had connection but I didn't get anything.....
Those cellular data cards are getting cheaper and cheaper. With some companies, you can get them for as little as $30 per month if you have existing cell phone service with that company.

I had one during college (and I actually paid $80!) and found it was worth it, as I could do homework in all manner of restaurants and coffee shops, even if they didn't have wifi. And $30 per month is much cheaper than you'd spend for wifi to do homework at a coffee shop that charges for wifi usage!