FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - updated Air France Affaires (J) meal service
Old Dec 13, 09, 4:21 pm
AmericanMontrealer

Programs: BAEC GGL, Air Canada SE100K, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM View Post
Good report. With the addition of the green salad, surf n turf, advertized ice cream and coffee with dessert, the endless cultural capitulation turning Air France into an American company takes another important step. Your glasses of what looked like Coca-Cola were an appropriate illustration of this.
I fly Air France from Montreal to Paris and connect to points beyond probably three to five times a year (above my regular flying on BA and other carriers) and I, for one, would never suggest that AF is turning into an American company. Unlike my experience with American air carriers, Air France's employees still have no ability to claim ownership over problem solving for issues that come up from time to time which affect passengers. That inability strikes me as a most European characteristic and I would most certainly welcome AF becoming more "American" in that regard.

Sometimes a Coca-Cola is just a Coca-Cola, without a side serving of "endless cultural capitulation".