FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10K miles for 3 stays
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2009, 12:44 pm
BigLar
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"No Soup For You, BigLar!"

I, too, talked (again!) with a CSR at WR and was told I hadn't registered.

They don't know it, of course, but for me not to register for a promo is like going out in the winter with no socks on ... just doesn't happen. I offered to check my back emails, but the supervisor told me they don't send emails confirming registration.

"So how would I know if I was registered?"

"You should call and verify it."

"Hmmm. Doesn't that negate the whole idea of on line processing?"

"[No answer]"

So, in a writ of felous gage, I composed a letter to Customer Service in Abderdeen. I explained to them:

1. Who I am (100-150 nights/year, pay my own tab. Should be their meat and potatoes)

2. Was told I hadn't registered though I know I had

3. Pointed out that at no time did my account ever show any stays or reservations - the current points/stays total in my account is 0/0 and has been since Day 1.

4. There were no notations in my account that I had ever called, even though I had definitely called at least twice on this specific promotion.

I concluded that they appear to have serious problems with their IT systems. The problems and confusion in fulfilling the terms of the promotion should be another piece of evidence of that. What really bothered me (I told them) was the fact that they tacitly admitted that their website couldn't be relied on to keep data.

Finally, I was making plans for the upcoming year, but that I would be very reluctant to include Wyndham properties because of the obvious problems.

I have no idea what will happen (I've already written off the miles), but if I don't get at least a polite acknowledgement of the letter I might as well just keep the pot stirring by sending copies off to various officers, etc. of the corporation. If they can inconvenience me, I sure as hell don't mind ringing their bells a little.