FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:05 pm
mrpickles

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by travis bickle
accounts I referenced say "US MINT SALE".
Each of the CC accounts I referenced have "CASH ADVANCE $0.00""

I do not know how to make it any plainer.

Remember, 50% of the people you meet are below average.
What appears to be not understood by members of this forum is that ALL cash equivalent purchases will appear on the statement as a purchase.

Cash Advances are transactions which usally occur "inside" a branch and will post as a CASH ADVANCE. Your cash advance is usually 25% of our total available credit line. YMMV.

A cash equivelant is a "purchase" that does not incur immeadiate transaction fee of 3% and immeadiate interest calculations. Cash equivelant is defined as cash, coin, gift cards, money orders, travelers checks, gold, bonds, etc.

Just because a cash equivelant transaction appears on the statement as a purchase does not immeadiately indicate that the transaction will earn miles and/or reward points. The true test is when the data is transmitted to the airline mileage program or points progam and the miles or points actually post to your account.

Last edited by mrpickles; Dec 10, 2009 at 10:11 pm Reason: corrections as noted by Happy