FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:57 am
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
Time to quietly return to assisting our government

Thanks for informing folks of the proper way to stop any bank attempt to generate cash advance fees.

Citizens using a legitimate and legal process to assist the government in circulating new coins and to recapitalize the banking system have certainly been maligned.

Perhaps if the good folks here would stop wasting time boasting, displaying photos, and providing unnecessary details, we all could quietly return to work assisting our government to create jobs and circulate money to help the country pull out of a deep recession?

Originally Posted by Euroflyer
I like the new little boxes without trays.

Time will tell, but my cash advance card limits are untouched while pending charges show even $500 increments.

FYI: When I called in, a Mint representative said it was too late to cancel a partial or full order once it had started being prepared for shipment, but if I really wanted to cancel an order I could simply refuse to accept the shipment when it is delivered. So, if your credit card is being hit for a cash advance, I guess you can tell the UPS guy to send it back and hope it all works out OK for you.

I don't see the reason for all this fuss. The Mint introduces a program, we follow the program & don't return any of the ordered product or try to claim fraudulent missing shipments, and people complain when the program is a roaring success?! The credit card companies are obviously making a profit or they wouldn't accept Mint charges. UPS makes a profit (minus the hernia bills for their staff!). The banks decide for themselves whether they want to accept the coins and charge whatever fees we're willing to pay or simply refuse them outright. What's the problem? Somebody getting something for nothing from the government?! Do the words "government bailout" and "stimulus money" ring a bell?! I'm not asking Obama to loan me a few billion. I just wish he'd get the Treasury to sell me some more savings bonds on my credit card so I can stop carrying all those damn coins!!