FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rate American AAdvantage
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:57 am
almostfrench0612

Programs: UA GS, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium
A- Overall good but would like to see more benefits for expats & better wines in F/J

Hmmm, A- I think. As an AA EXP based in Europe, I would like to see some ‘extra’ advantages for intl members such as more eVIPs (to make up for possibility of few domestic upgrades). Although have to admit the 4 eVIPs bonus at 1 miles that I will achieve next year will be very very nice, it would nice to see more of such things. [Note that AF offers lower thresholds for Gold status to US residents than French residents for example].

Love AA customer service on the EXP line, unlimited upgrades as EXP (when I am in the US, 100% this year, including trans-continental routes), international lounge access for OW (something you do not get in skyteam), but especially the eVIPs (which have so far always cleared on flights to/from CDG when I have chosen to waitlist, unlike on LHR routes).

My only ‘complaint’ and additional reason for not putting an A or A+ as my score is the lack of superior wines in F compared with J, especially champagne. I still remember Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque (Fleur de champagne) in J on CDG routes only a few years ago and I think it a shame that they serve Piper Heidsick now (and worse, Pommery on LHR routes). In J it would not be so bad, but I think in F, you should expect better champagnes and wines. While most of you may think such touches unimportant, it really is what distinguishes their F from their European and Asian counterparts IMHO (think Salon on JAL, Krug on CX, Cuvee Elise on AF etc). Voila ^