FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FOIA request for rules TSA requires passengers follow at airport checkpoint; advice?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:48 am
AngryMiller

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by halls120
FliesWay2Much is correct. The more you tailor your request, the better your chances. That said, I wouldn't expect much. Francine the Googling lawyer and her subordinates easily ignore the laws that govern our country. The other day I had the opportunity to discuss TSA with a senior DHS person, and asked him when the Department was going to step in and provide some adult leadership, now that TSA had suffered yet another embarrassing court defeat. Specifically, I said, "are you guys going to wait until TSA has been spanked in every District Court in the country before you act?" His response was that unless Napolitano weighs in, probably not. He said lower level DHS personnel have pointed out to TSA management that they aren't exactly building a stellar track record in the courts, and Francine et al simply don't care - they believe they can do just about anything they want in the guise of "protecting" America.
The ends justifies the means? I really look forward to some senior TSA/DHS managers going to jail because of official misconduct.