FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Holidays, 3 Classes - AA “Y”, EK “F” and US “C”.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:12 am
Gatwick Alan

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Flight 3 EK375 BKK-DXB

This report will be mercifully brief, I left the menu on the plane, but the food options were similar to the other flights.

Our chauffer was already waiting in the lobby when we checked out and at 6.15 in the morning the drive to the airport was quick.

The check in experience was far from First class, other than the fact we stood on red carpet. There were 2 couples in front of us who took 15 minutes to clear, and it took 5 minutes to process us for no apparent reason.

Good news was we were given fast track passes, which meant the Air crew / vip area which was quick and I even got a smile from the man at passport control.

Took a cautionary trip to Duty free, ensuring our bags were firmly zipped shut and then headed for the joint First/Business lounge, which was adequate but not spectacular.

The plane for this trip was the same as the first one with the paired seats, they actually are not dissimilar to the business class seats on the refitted 777 except they have the minibar divider sticking out in front. Adequate for day flights, but not what you want for overnights.

We arrived at DXB on time, and despite reports I’d heard to the contrary, transfer was well signed and pretty much empty and within a few minutes we were in the first class lounge for an hour sojourn before the flight back to Gatwick.

About half hour before the flight was due to depart boarding was called in the lounge to gate 123. That is some walk, all of 15 minutes to the gate.