FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD to NRT in F - Appalling lack of service
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:33 am
UpInTheSky

Programs: My posts represent my personal opinions based on public information and not the official views of UA
Originally Posted by Braniff
The crew on the flight was just horrible. They just could not have cared less about the passengers. No special greetings. They had taken the storage space in the F section for themselves --- I'm referring to the cupboard by the service island and the front closet. There was no asking elites for their preferred menu options. The food was horrible - they clearly had not heated the items correctly. There was a nice bottle of Chardonnay offered, but after one refill I was told that it was no longer available. Would not surprise me if the crew took the rest of the stock for themselves because I believe there was just one other persons in F who was drinking this and I find it hard to believe that UA would board just one bottle. The crew then disappeared for an extened period of time.

One of the flight attendants finally came by and offered water. She had a large bottle that she wanted to pour into the smaller bottles that had been distributed earlier. This demonstrates zero class. Could United not serve water in glasses, or board more smaller bottles of water. Having a flight attendant pouring from one bottle to another with lots of spillage is just something I did not expect to see in any First Class, even on United.
I think your feedback is all very valid about the storage space, food quality, and service. Personal water bottles aren't designed to be refilled, and most crews replace them with glasses instead of refilling them. Providing this feedback can help UA refine its procedures (or board replacement personal bottles) to improve customer satisfaction.

FWIW I don't think what you experienced is typical of UA's International F product, which is why sending in feedback would be especially valued.