FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3 Holidays, 3 Classes - AA “Y”, EK “F” and US “C”.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:16 am
Gatwick Alan

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Arrival into BKK was bang on time and luckily we were only half way down the E pier.
We were given fast track passes, which meant we could use the VIP immigration, where there were no queues whatsoever, the regular immigration looked extremely busy, the luggage was quick and as we walked out the first thing I noticed was my name on a sign board, so we jumped into the chauffer car and headed down to the Royal Orchid Sheraton on the river.

This hotel seems to be unflavoured amongst the starwood properties, it was perfectly acceptable to me, the lounge, and my room had great views down the river.

The food offerings in the lounge 3 times a day were nice and there was a 2 hour happy hour.
I don’t spend all day in the hotel so perhaps im not that fussy, so long as the bed is good and the hotel is clean, im reasonably happy.

I did enjoy taking the hotel boat down to the Skytrain station, a nice start to the morning.

Coming up next - the journey home