FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:13 am
Bitterroot

Originally Posted by mdspadeccom
In January I am flying back from BLR through FRA to SFO. Both flights are LH 747s. The BLR/FRA flight lands at 0845 (obviously, since it is the only one each day) and the connecting FRA/SFO flight leaver at 0955.

This connection seems very tight to me and likely impossible if there are any security layers between the incoming and outgoing gates. Can a felow FTer tell me how far I'll need to walk and how many check points I will encounter? For example, do will I have to enter, then exit, the EU? Is there extra security checks for transit into tht US?

Thanks,

m.
You won't need to clear EU immigration, but you might need to get from A or B concourse to the C concourse. If you arrive at A, go up (not down) and take the train to B. B and C are an easy walk -- 5 minutes or so -- apart. It's possible that the flight to SFO will leave from A, but C is more common for US-bound flights.

You will need to clear a security check. All flights to the US require one.

As long as your inbound LH from BLR is on time or early, you'll be fine. There's a map of the terminal arrangement on the Fraport website: http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.de.