FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:25 am
as219

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
For irrops, yes. If its there fault, yes. I'm not sure about weather delays, but you should be OK if you 'fall behind' and skip a leg to catch up. Just remember to ask for "original routing credit". There are some forum discussions on it.
IME, it's a coin toss as to whether you get original routing credit for wx-related irrops. Mx, you definitely get what you want, but wx is another story.

Originally Posted by Intrepid
Mike: you are as experienced as anybody here...
The more segments, more can go off treekk...
In this forum thread that has to do with kudos for UA, last week, I have a post on how RCC in ORD and reservation desk assisted me in reconstructing my complex itin. Someone chuckled observing that I am on a MR. Nonetheless they loved to help. It got through to UA that every $ helps.
My only lesson is - be humble. If you need help tell them so. Appeal to their kindliness for assistance. They will all respond in kind.
Happy travels.
Good advice ^

When things head south, it really depends on who you're dealing with. Some UA folks are more than happy to accommodate; others aren't. I've been given longer routings -- with coupons added -- just for asking. On the other hand, I've been told at other times no dice on wx-induced reroutes.

To be honest, I understand this: Flying a multi-segment MR in the winter is just begging for trouble. My rule is, if I really must have all the EQMs of a given trip, then I don't book a zillion segments in the winter. It's too dicey.

Good luck, OP!