FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Archive)
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:55 am
Intrepid

Programs: UA Plat., 1.52 MM
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
For my upcoming sjc-sba-sfo-bur-den-iad mr day from hell, it occurs to me that there are several points where things could go wrong. This has been brought home nicely while waiting for my las-sfo flight that's delayed 90 minutes due to fog at sfo.

I do need to get to iad but I also need the miles from each segment. If I get to sba and it becomes obvious that sfo is hosed, and I re-route through lax or san, is united likely to give me the miles from the original itinerary or will they look at my convoluted original routing and say you've got to be kidding?

Thanks, figured this belongs here because it's specific to ua policy but if the mods feel otherwise please move it. Thanks!
Mike: you are as experienced as anybody here...
The more segments, more can go off treekk...
In this forum thread that has to do with kudos for UA, last week, I have a post on how RCC in ORD and reservation desk assisted me in reconstructing my complex itin. Someone chuckled observing that I am on a MR. Nonetheless they loved to help. It got through to UA that every $ helps.
My only lesson is - be humble. If you need help tell them so. Appeal to their kindliness for assistance. They will all respond in kind.
Happy travels.