Old Dec 1, 09, 6:30 am
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by courcoison View Post
Let's imagine a reward marketing program offering it's best customers the lowest possible product quality as a way to build business and advertising it!!!
I'm not sure I understand this point. Are you saying that you didn't get the room type that an award is supposed to get? In the case of RCs, I do believe that an award gets a standard non-view room. That is pretty clearly stated by Marriott.

Or are you trying to say that RCs should upgrade all Marriott award rooms? If so, remember, we are extremely lucky just to be able to redeem awards for any RC room at all. RCs don't really participate in Marriott Rewards and definitely don't use that program as a means to "build business and advertise it." Marriott may use RCs awards, to a degree, as a means of building business for their Rewards program, but RCs themselves have a completely different marketing strategy and don't rely on Marriott's Rewards program at all.