FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]
Old Nov 30, 09, 8:17 am
1kwannabe

Programs: UA MP 1K ,AAEXP, Dollar, Marriott Gold,Hertz Gold,SIXT Platnium, CBP Global Entry,Starwood Gold
mechinical delay, UA881 NRT-BKK question...

Mrs. 1kwannabe and I were on our first transpac in c (XC) on November 10, 2009. Flight left Chicago late for some reason, yet boarded on time. Upon arrival in NRT, 881 to BKK was delayed until 8:30 pm..
We left the ANA lounge and proceded to the gate (31 or 33 I think) about 7:45, assuming 45 min to board. Standard annoucement of "only 10-15 minutes we will be boarding UA 881 to BKK". 8:30 came and went with no explanation. Boarding began around 8:50 or 9 and left around 9:30. Arrival time in BKK was scheduled to be 11:45pm. We landed at around 2:35am Bangkok time.

My question is this, while talking to others in the C/F red carpet line, the nice gentelman behind us noticed we were 1P. He said something to the GA about the delay, she politely said something mechanical. Seems it was something in one of the bathrooms or something. He thanked her and told me to not to forgot to write 1p voice about the delay. We were not late for any type of buisness meeting, though we had a half day tour departing at 7am. We slept good in the seats from ORD and NRT, so stayed up when we got to the Marriott. Only expense on our part was about 7 usd to use my cell phone to call Marriott to reschedule our limo.
What is the proper tact or course to write 1p about the mechanical delay???
Should I write due to not being inconvienced to much minus the limo reschedule.
Sorry this is so lengthy, but wanted to convey as much info as possible.
As always, thank you FT's for your advice and help