Old Nov 29, 09, 11:45 am
JetSet78

Programs: Too many!
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually received the $150 TravelBank bonus, if there is anyone.

Don't sweat your FICO score if it's just pretty good (750+). Mine is 810, last I looked. Even with a score under 750, Chase would probably qualify you because of the annual fee. It might crimp your limit; that's all. Nevertheless, you should not let the prospect of denial keep you from applying for the card, if it is a savings on what you would spend anyway for PC membership. And don't forget the $150 TravelBank bonus...assuming that's real. Yes, a credit check may ding your score, but you can have two or three checks a year suffering little if any effect. I do. And if your FICO is so bad you don't get approved, then the credit check ding won't matter too much to your already-bad score. So, I think your decision is clear.
Points taken, and thanks.

Assuming I'm a reasonable person (usually), given I apply now and am approved, I'm essentially ditching the final 3 months of the paid PC membership.

MMmmm... I think I'll still proceed, and advise if/when the TravelBank credit is applied.