FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blubberman to Ironman in aid of DREAMFLIGHT (FT APPROVED)
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:38 am
Disco Volante

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by CT-UK

Blubberman to Ironman in aid of DREAMFLIGHT

www.justgiving.com/ct-uk[/CENTER]

As many of you are aware I completed (slowly) The London Triathlon in aid of DREAMFLIGHT in August 09. Thanks to the huge generosity of many here at FT I raised over £3500 to help send a child on a holiday of a lifetime.

http://www.justgiving.com/CT-UK

I am now back again asking for more support for my 2010 fundraising effort, I will be doing another triathlon but this time in St George, Utah. USA. I am going to be upping the game from an Olympic distance of Swim 1500m Cycle 40km run 10km to a full Ironman distance event of Swim 2.4 miles, Cycle 112 miles run 26.2miles (3.86km, 180.25km,42.195km). The event starts at 7am and the cutoff tome is midnight. I hope to get it done in 14 hours.

http://www.ironmanstgeorge.com/

For those that don’t know about DREAMFLIGHT or the great work they do please take a moment to visit

www.dreamflight.org

Where does the money go?

Dreamflight relies entirely on the generosity of its supporters. The total cost of the Dreamflight trip each year is in excess of £600,000. Here’s how your donation could help towards providing the “Holidayof a Lifetime” for a most deserving child:

• £5 pays for a Dreamflight rucksack

• £25 pays for the personalised DVD each child receives of their trip

• £40 provides baseball caps for 16 children

• £60 provides lunch and refreshments each day for one child

• £100 buys a transit seat, used for transferring some children to and from their wheelchairs

• £150 pays for a group’s pre-trip get-together or reunion

• £200 pays for a child to swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove

• £280 sponsors a set of T shirts for all the members of one group

• £300 pays for his/her accommodation and half board inOrlando

• £330 equips every child with a Dreamflight bumbag

• £3000 funds the total holiday for one child

The Dreamflight trip also offers opportunities for corporate sponsorship, eg.

• £900 provides sponsorship for the Dreamflight rucksacks given to each child

• £1,300 sponsors hire of the radios and cellphones used to maintain contact between groups inOrlando

• £2,800 covers the cost of a Welcome Party at Heathrow

• £13,000 pays for the cost of the domestic flights or coach hire needed to gather all the children together at Heathrow

• £13,000 sponsors a day’s entry toMagicKingdom or Universal Studios for the entire group – children and helpers

• £25,000 sponsors the coaches used daily in Orlando

• £40,000 sponsors the day at Discovery Cove, where each child can swim with dolphins

• £57,000 sponsors the accommodation in Orlando for the entire stay

• £320,000 sponsors the charter of a British Airways 747

Thanks

Christian

http://www.justgiving.com/CT-UK
Your link doesn't work; you need another "i" in giving. Perhaps a friendly mod can edit it. Good luck CT!

Last edited by Disco Volante; Nov 26, 2009 at 9:41 am