FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The New Membership Pack (Ugh!)
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:13 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 20-Horse
Well, I presented my new style gold card today at the lounge and they did not utter a word, so no problems there

Different story on the 103 to AMS, trolley came down, proferred the card and was told "Sorry Sir, we need a BMI Card, not the one you have given me". I replied, it is a BMI gold card, turn it over. The young lady did and said, but I need a Blue plus, or a silver or a gold. I said why do you think the writing is in Gold?

She then said, I wish someone had told us these were changing as I have not seen one of these before and it is not readable on the machine and won't swipe and is not recognised by the machine. Once again, we are the last to know things are changing.

When she got to my colleague a couple of rows down, the two ladies were still discussing this new style of card and how they did not know it was coming.

Still, I got my kitkat and coffee.

Looks like a lack of joined up thinking for some of the aircrew in terms of communication.

Regards

20-Horse

I think my new card may have been the first one the crew had seen this morning as well. Clearly they were expecting a new design so they passed it between them with an "ooo, that's posh!" No probs with acceptance and it swiped fine through the machine