FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conservative Congressman Responds on Cuba Travel Restriction
Old Nov 23, 2009, 11:30 pm
Goofy Foot

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
I wrote my newly-elected Congressman, Tom McClintock (R-Granite Bay), CA-4th District, after hearing him discuss the need to abandon various failed government policies that haven't worked for years. So, I mentioned that the 40-plus year travel ban for American citizens to Cuba was such a failed policy, and suggested that the Cuban government likely would be more threatened by a significant increase in U.S. tourism because of the increased interaction between the citizens of both countries and the exposure of more Cubans to greater economic opportunities.

I was pleased and impressed to receive the following response after several months:

"I agree with you, the government travel ban to Cuba is outdated and I would like to see it lifted....While we should be very careful in our diplomatic relations with Cuba because of the oppression that Castro's leadership has maintained for so long, allowing American citizens to travel to Cuba could actually help bring about positive change. "
I'd like to see him say that on Fox news.