FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:06 pm
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Pickles
Here on a biz trip for a couple of nights. Client is paying, some kind of corporate rate at $289/night. Not my dime, and I am SPG dirt.

In one word: whatever.

Check-in was efficient but curt. Room is smallish, but OK, looking over some office building, nothing to write home about. Amenities OK, nothing special or memorable.

I know NY is in general a dump when it comes to mid-range hotels, so I figure for $289/night this is smack in the middle of acceptable. But it always torques me that for that rate I can stay in true 5* luxury in many, many places in Asia, including cities that put NY to shame on the cost of living.
Went to the Burger Joint for dinner, pretty good. Not mega-outstanding killer burger, but pretty good for a quick dinner. However, there is no way I would have figured out the place even existed if I hadn't read about it here in FT. Hidden behind some curtains, no sign or anything? What's the deal? Anyway, thanks FT!