FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Master Thread [merged]
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:44 pm
Richey66

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
My first stay here

Hi Cbellero, I echo your thoughts about the hotel.
I am here with my wife and baby only for transfer night on the F&F rate, 142 USD incl.taxes. Got an upgrade to exec corner room on high floor with nice view to the airport. xx16 corner rooms are way to go!
Took complimentary shuttle from airport, bellman was there with minibus in 5 minutes after we called, really nice Danish guy. We chatted about the hotel and he said there were only 30 rooms out of 366 occupied currently. It was plain to see as the whole hotel looked kinda deserted. Later he gave me another free ride to airport and back as I wanted to buy some stuff.
Although I had exchanged emails with manager Gitte Fenger, upgrade was not processed and I had to ask for upgrade at check-in. Those new black RA cards really suck, check-in girl didnt even understand at first why I was giving it to her, then I explained I was Platinum.
Anyways fast-talking Asian guy came along and gave us upgrade and showed the lounge. I quite liked it, although the food offering around 8pm was absolutely dismal, 3 different kind of small snacks, which weren't that tasty. Middle Eastern girl in the lounge spoke really lousy English, but to her credit she voluntarily brought some fruits upstairs for my wife after I've complained about how the lounge was missing them.
Right now I am in the lounge, it's close to midnight, although lounge was supposed to be open only until 10 pm. I could get myself heavily drunk if I wanted to, alcohol seems to be available 24 hours a day here, and as Cbellero already wrote, lounge is current open to anyone, and they dont ask for your room number.

All-in-all, I like that hotel is fresh, but it seems kinda too sterile for me, also would like to have bigger rooms. Per Ms. Fenger they dont upgrade Platinum to Suites, so no point booking exec. room, when you're Plat. I am planning to visit Copenhagen in 3 months for few concerts and I am leaning towards staying in the centre, likely Marriott.