Old Nov 23, 09, 12:43 pm
christianj

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, LH Silver, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, Hyatt Disc, PC Plat, CC Gold
Originally Posted by keeton View Post
I hate to say it, but the hotel's response and service offerings were appropriate. The Ritz brand does not offer any of the Marriott elite perqs so anything you want above what you reserved, you have to pay for.
Having stayed at this hotel many times as part of our yearly trip to California I have to agree. If you want an ocean view room due to the special occasion you need to book just that. That's what we did for our special occasion! If the hotels ends up giving you more than you booked then great but I have come not to expect it at ANY hotel on a paid stay (and definitely not on an award stay). I have never experienced any issues with the hotel itself or the staff but I do feel for you with the people upstairs making a lot of noise because we also had some very inconsiderate neighbors during our last stay. Problem is you cannot assume that the high cost of the hotel will only bring in people that actually have manners and respect for others.

You also have to remember that if the hotels honored everyones request for special treatments for their anniversary, etc. they would be very busy. I think there are people that have an anniversary EVERY TIME they stay at a hotel.