FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thrifty Blue Chip ATL - BEWARE of clocking out early!!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:55 pm
davetravels
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Thrifty Blue Chip ATL - BEWARE of clocking out early!!

I just had a one day rental in ATL. I reserved the car for 4PM as my flight was scheduled to arrive around 3:15 PM and I wasn't checking any luggage. I was rerouted due to flight irregularites, and my flight didn't arrive til 4:30, so I didn't get to Thrifty til 5:XX - I don't remember exactly. The counter agent handed me the contract and I didn't think about it til the next day. I was clocked out at 3:53 PM as they must've pre-printed my contract. I figured that they probably updated the contract when I checked the car out at the gate as I left - but NO!!!!!! When I got back the next day, I was charged 2 hours overtime as the contract still had me clocked out at 3:53 PM!! I went in and they fixed it, but, I missed a shuttle to the airport and just barely made my flight - I got to my gate at 6:08 PM for a 6:18 flight and I was the last one on as she was calling my name!
Just a note that the 2 hours overtime was something like $7.00, but as soon as you go over by even an hour, all of the DAILY taxes and fees kick in which jacked the $7.00 up to $18.00!!!
Anyway, ultimately, it was fixed, just beware of this practice at ATL - and possibly others!!