FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Funny F/C story ORD/SFO - Better than IFE
Old Nov 22, 2009, 4:29 am
jimmc66

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Funny F/C story ORD/SFO - Better than IFE

The gate check bag thread reminded me I hadn't related a story from my last ORD/SFO flight (connecting to SYD).

Sitting in F during the load in ORD, two GenY girls with tattoos and studs boarded and started down the aisle thru first. Both with rather large full-size bags as carry-on.

One said to her friend "I'm not lugging this down to row 37" and chucked it into the first class bin. An F passenger and 1K said to her "those bins are for those sitting here".

She threw a couple expletives his way and continued on.

A few minutes later, the G/A announced that late arriving passengers would need to gate check their bag. At the same time, two missing F passengers showed up to find the bin full. The 1K who got dissed by the GenY said "I'll take care of it", and took the girls bag to the G/A to be gate checked.

He pocketed the gate check ticket. We both had a chuckle about it.

We both sat outside at the gate on arrival at SFO, the girl came off last, ranting and screaming at the G/A that her bag "had to be somewhere". The gate was adjacent to the far end Peets, where two SFO PD were sitting with their bicycles. After hearing the screaming, they had a stern chat to the girl before letting her storm off to see if her bag was on the carousel.

It's the best IFE I've had in a while.

copyright 2009

Last edited by jimmc66; Nov 22, 2009 at 8:23 am