FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:55 pm
sapguy

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by qfrodo
At GIG they have a podium set up where everyone stops to get their ticket receipt. After that point, the divide occurs into Y, C, or F with 1K using the C line and GS using the F line. The clue to make it easier at GIG is to not wait in any line to reach the podium. As a 1K, (or GS or even 1P or 2P), just walk past the line up to the podium on the right hand side and indicate your status. They will take care of you promptly and direct you to the appropriate segregated line.

My last flight through GRU, on Nov 17, the purser announced prior to landing that elites could use the RCC on the second floor.
I do see your point, and the next time (if there will be a next time), I will step right up to the podium instead of waiting in the stupid pre-checkin 1K line. There may not be a next time for me because I will probably not do GIG-IAD via GRU because of the stupid go back through security screening process at GRU, although you never say never.

Instead, what I will probably do Sao Paulo-Rio-Sao Paulo on TAM using Congonhas (CGH) and Santos Dumont (SDU) - the domestic airports - earlier in the week, and then fly home from GRU later on in the week (my "base" in Brasil is Sao Paulo).

I have to say that the flight on TAM is very civilized - they serve you a small snack/meal even for a flight barely 1 hour long, and both CGH and SDU are easy to get to and fro.

Last edited by sapguy; Nov 21, 2009 at 11:00 pm