FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:35 pm
BOShappyflyer

Got my card!

Yes! I finally got the Visa Signature card in the mail today (approved on the 15th). I already put $400 on the card (recurring bills) and don't think I'll have a problem meeting the 2k spend 3 months since I have more expenses coming up.

When I called to activate the card, the rep didn't mention the sign-on bonus but I guess that's implied. (I'm not too worried since I applied directly through the 100k link). He kept mentioning that I'm getting a great card with great benefits. I didn't even bother asking about the annual fee, so I was quite happy when he said that my annual fee is waived (and it's not done for everyone). No idea why, but it sounds like that the annual fee is NOT something he has any control over - just some data he's looking at in the system.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I used to be a Chase customer not too long ago and I had paid annual fees for maybe 2 to 3 years on those credit cards. It's nice to get the fee waived for a change.