FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What places did you dream of visiting when a kid? Have you done so?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:42 am
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka
I grew up in a family of six children. My father was a fireman, so needless to say we didn't have a lot of extra money for travel. We would rent a cottage in Maine for a few weeks and that's as far as we got. Even that seemed like a dream come true for us. I would save my paper route money all year for spending money.

I always drempt of traveling though. That was my escapism. When I was a teenager I actually collected travel magazines from every travel agent I could contact. On the back cover of these magazines they always advertised the Hyatt Regency in Maui. The picture they used was of the rope bridge that swings over the pool. My dream back then was to someday walk over that swinging bridge. I used to dream of that all the time.

I have walked over that bridge at least 100 times now, so it taught me that anything is possible.I think I have worn a path over that bridge. Never in my wildest dreams back then did I ever think I would travel as far as Hawaii. I have now been there 21 times in nine years. Maybe, I should start dreaming about going around the world.

Thats a cool story but you might consider branching out a bit There are some wonderful rope bridges in Borneo for instance And the Taj Majal is probably the most beautiful building ever built Specifically, a round the world trip is a wonderful thing to do. I would also HIGHLY recommend an African safari, particularly to some of the less traveled places there, like Zambia.