FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger pickup @ EWR day before Thanksgiving
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:14 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
o, crap. didn't realize you couldn't shop there unless you were traveling internationally. I figured if you could get into the duty free shop, you could buy stuff. that blows.

anyway, i'll be coming from the south, from the turnpike. If that's really bad, I could take the parkway to 22 or 78 and use those to get to 1&9. Which is the best option?
Well a person can shop and buy at Duty Free even if not flying out of the US, HOWEVER thats for anything Except for Cigarettes,Cigars (if they sell em) and Liquor. For those 3 you need to be leaving the US in order to buy

Now anything else you will be charged the reg sales tax so depending what the ST is where you are from you may save a couple of cents or not. Also its usually manufactors list price, so Im sure the likes of Perfume or Cologne can be had at a discount shop or on sale at a Dept store for less $$.

As for the best road I dont know, I always go with a road that has no tolls , even to Philly .I take the 1 south to the 295 to the 95. I HATE tolls