FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10K miles for 3 stays
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:20 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by n dakota
I stayed at Ramada Inn a few times and thought these were maybe the best quality of the bunch but still I expected more from them.
I found the Ramada brand to be the least consistent. I stayed one night at the Ramada in Pasadena on Colorado Blvd back in May of this year. SCARY. It was a motel that resembled a Knights Inn. I did some bed hopping that week at hotels in the HH group, Choice, WR, and Best Western. Delta was having a partner promo so I hit as many hotel groups as I possibly could.

Then I stayed at a Ramada in Denver (Northglen) in June for this 10K promo. It was a quite nice hotel (as opposed to a motel). I hung out at the hotel bar and watched the coverage of MJ's death. The bed, room, front desk staff, and bar staff were all quite nice. The location doesn't work well for where I need to be for business so I don't see myself choosing that location again... unless there is a hefty promo. But I would recommend that Ramada to others.

Then there is the Ramada at the Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe. It was neither scary nor great. It was a hotel not a motel.

Three Ramadas, three states, one F, one C, and one B+. I think any property can hang out the Ramada sign without having to meet any minimal requirements.

The most consistent member of the WR group, IMHO, is Wingate. This brand reminds me of the Fairfield Inn brand (but a little better), the Hampton Inn brand (but a little less), and the Holiday Inn Express brand (spot on!).