FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta 2010 DO Update
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:06 pm
flyzabit

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by atldlff
Well, slight correction as Gargoyle already pointed out. RWT is not nearly as intense as 6 weeks of FA training. Although we learned how to be prepared and deal with a variety of emergencies, and got a lot of practice on how to quickly and safely evacuate the plane, I am certain that many of FT'ers were glad there wasn't a test and certification at the end. With that said, I think many who participated will tell you they had fun and they are really much more prepared to assist with handling an emergency, in the unlikely event one should arise.

Who says we are not working on a GA program? Do you think you can handle 8-10 outbound flights in day, during bad weather, with a few cancellations thrown in for good measure? And how about managing the Breezeway boarding at the gate and scanning boarding passes, while fielding all those questions about did FC really board full, and why do I have to gate-check this 29" rollerboard that I got through security?

I even thought of a really creative idea of letting the FAs be passengers and having FT members be that FAs in one of the mock-up cabins at the training center. Now that would be good material for the comedy channel.

A wise man once said, "Walk a miles in another man's shoes...."

Who knows what we have in store for the next event One never knows. Like Canarsie and I have said before, stay tuned...
That O2 mask photo in post #1 reminds me WHY they say "Put your mask on first before helping others" -- and that means the F/As too, they reminded us.

1. Tour Catering kitchen. Frisk Gargoyle for packs of Biscoffs upon exit. (Nutella sampling optional.) No plastic shrimp.

2. 1-day Deltamatic or Amadeus training. Availability, PNR construction, seat assignment, and basic faring. Book a rental car and hotel. Check out a cruise. Read the bulletin pages, the baggage rules and oversize/overweight bag rates, and the policy pages. I'll be happy to put together a 1-day class, but I know several other airline and travel agent CRS systems better. There is still enough info out there to condense it into a 1-day mini-course - or even 2 x 1/2 day sessions if demand requires.

3.a./b. Ticket counter and Gate agent sims (these really are very different): 1 cranky pair from NY/NJ; one UM; one laptop left in the overhead bin; California surfer with board; wx xxln for the last flight of the day, reaccommodation for the little old lady from Santo Domingo, 1 international ticket reissue.
3.c. Queue desk: Speaking of xxln, reaccommodations and schedule change notifications...
3.d. Rate desk: Domestic and international: How you really fare a backhaul, circle-trip minimum, x/800 for HNL, and "NUC" the ticket rate to USD - and interpret all those taxes and fees. - I can help with this one, too.

4. Baggie heaven: How the baggage system and control center works. How you trace a lost bag (and find it), not to mention tracing the owner who reported it is a black 22 rollaboard with 1 pr. blue jeans, 1 pr. black slacks, 1 white shirt, 2 black pr socks, unmentionables and no tag -- only -- except for that bizarre tourist brochure and swizzle stick from Bronson MO in the mesh part.

4.b. Behind the scenes with the TSA. Q&A on training (not SNL / 3 oz mustard) and procedures, what they look for and how they identify items on those screens. What about fast-clear-type programs and "the list".

5. Skymiles and WP Trivia / NW Trivia / DL Trivia for $200, Alex. Pick Mersk862 as moderator since he (with others) can tell you the answers before the questions are finished...and thus put together the best questions.

---and I'd like to see AmEx be a sponsor...