Old Aug 19, 03, 8:44 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
IMHO - after attending 2 Marriott timeshare presentations, a Hilton one, and a couple of independent timeshare presentations over the years - I would rate the Marriott experience as a "medium pressure" sales pitch. Hilton was low pressure; the independent guys were a total hard-sell.

I did not buy a timeshare at any presentation, and was always there for the obvious reason of earning some perk, whether it be MR points, discounted hotel stays, or whatever.

I felt that Marriott was aggressive but tasteful. They seem to have *some* guidelines at the corporate level for how their salespeople can behave. Bring your "thick skin", be prepared to say NO rather forcefully a few times, but don't let this 90 minutes deter you from the $190/nt. at Kapalua.

(I'm guessing that this is far and away the best deal going, but as always, check the sources that don't require a timeshare presentation to see what you are really getting "paid" for that 90 minutes.)