FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:12 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
It is really helpful to keep a spreadsheet of all your order; the more lines, the better. I keep track of when I ordered, what arrived, what hasn't, where I've deposited them, etc. Yes, I'm anal, but when something doesn't match up, I can solve it very quickly.

Mike
Me too, except I did it in the most primitive method by my pencil - simply print out the order, confirmation letter, circle the order number, write down the CC used. Write down the changes of status as they occurred. When the shipment notice arrives, print that. When shipment arrives, print UPS delivery details. Staple all 4 sheets together, write down where the coins are going. File the stack and be done with a lot.

That said, I use Microsoft's Money which I post every little details of household financial. I post the entries when the coins actually arrive (the CCs are billed and coins are deposited.) Anytime I can pull up a report of different period / format / category, to see both big picture and little details. That is why I dont need a spreadsheet.