FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Republic adds more MKE nonstops
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:22 pm
knope2001

Originally Posted by mke9499
Bryan Bedford indicated at the MMAC all-member meeting that Republic is considering adding six more routes, in addition to MKE-SFO and MKE-RDU announced today.

MKE-SEA is sure to be one of them, IMO.
These speculations are always fun. I vote for....

Hartford
Seattle
San Diego
Wausau
Houston
Charlotte

Dark horses include San Antonio, Toronto, Portland, Albuquerque, Miami, and...yes...Baltimore. I'm not saying these are all winners, and some might be entered for reasons other than near-term profit (ahem...BWI). But if perhaps one of these was on the list of six potential, it wouldn't be completely outside of the realm of possibility.

I wonder if the "six" includes possible additions elsewhere, like MCI? MCI resumption to San Antonio and/or New Orleans seems like a decent shot. Republic doesn't seem especially thrilled with their smaller-RJ flying these days, which makes things like MCI-AUS and MCI-CMH less likely. But on the other hand if one of their major partners cuts out some RJ's, perhaps they'll come to the branded operation. (Republic's contract to fly for Continental is not being renewed, but Republic is able to return those CRJ's to the lessing company.)