FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:13 am
JonathanIT

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
No.
The Sheraton Cerritos is a newer property.They almost always give me a suite.Free internet(wired and wireless)and full breakfast buffet for plats on weekends.
Nicer rooms.Nicer location(though not if Disneyland is your destination)
Fewer kids
And I do not have to chase the points/stay credit.
I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the Hyatt OC, Bigguy! It's one of my favorites. The FD staff is really nice, and they know me by name. (Talia & Kendrick are my favorites).

The breakfast buffet is one of the best... and they recently brought back the omelette station even on weekdays!

The internet is "wired" but if you connect to WiFi, they will take it off your bill (T-Mobile). Plus, if you are in certain parts of the hotel and can connect to the "Hyatt" signal (instead of the T-Mobile one), the charge will not even appear.

I have a 100% success rate with suite upgrades, my favorite being the Conference King studio suite (thank you holtju2!). I just LOVE this room. The views are great looking over the atrium and up Harbor Blvd. Especially on the 17th floor!

Also these rooms are in the South Tower and the Hyatt WiFi signal is usually good there (and before HGP offered free internet for Diamonds, I used the open WiFi signal from the Marriott next door).

I admit I am usually there for Disneyland and it is a great location.

I've stayed at the Sheraton Cerritos, and it was not bad. But I still prefer the Hyatt OC hands down. And with the $69 sale and FFN's running right now... it is a complete blow out! No contest; Hyatt OC all the way!! ^

Last edited by JonathanIT; Nov 11, 2009 at 6:22 pm Reason: clarification