FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A new round of QF bashing in the media?
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:31 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Craigo
I just shook my head when I saw this article. A QF 747 has to do a 'go-around' at MEL, big deal!
I wouldn't call that "Qantas bashing" at all. The cause of the go-around was clearly stated ("congestion"), and nowhere does it imply that it was QF's fault.

Originally Posted by Craigo
Then there is a linked article about some 'celebrity' having a whinge because his flight was delayed. It seems like the Australian media is back to its old ways, a minor problem becomes headline news
Given what actually happened, I'd say that QF got off fairly easy with this article. Twice the plane left the gate and taxied, then returned to the gate. When they finally took off on the third attempt they got 2 hours into the flight before they decided to return to SYD due to a failed fuel pump. Then they diverted to MEL rather than SYD due to weather. Eventually the flight arrived 23 hours late.

Yes, of course you're better getting there 23 hours late rather than not at all, but I challenge anyone to go through an experience like that and not be unhappy about it by the end (I've certainly been there more than once with the exception of the divert)