FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'FUTURE OF BMI' thread, the LH takeover, & what it might mean for Diamond Club...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:15 pm
GoldCircle

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
And the question that I asked Mr. Mayrhuber was whether he could offer any comfort to regular bmi flyers and members of Diamond Club. Make what you will of his response. That clip is only one half of his reply to me - the second half also contained a few nuggets of note - I'm currently trying to get my hand on a copy of the official video so that you can all see the full exchange - and the follow-up question by jbfield.

I also met one of the senior executives from Miles & More and his responses to me were much more comforting: DC and M&M are separate entities; in the short term there will be no changes to the DC programme - the focus is on changing the airline and the new CEO is to report next month on the new strategic objective; in the medium term, it is not currently expected that DC will be blended in to M&M as the costs would be high enough, with not so much return; in the longer term, assuming that bmi is saved and returns to profit AND that the model that emerges is in line with the LH/LX/OS model, then we can expect to see M&M move in - think 3-5 years.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Nov 8, 2009 at 3:21 pm