View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 09, 10:20 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm. SPG LT Titanium. UA 712,524 miles and no longer trying.
if you have stayed at the presidente then you know the neighborhood that the w is in and from a location standpoint i think it is better than the st regis. especially if you want to enjoy the restaurants in polanco.

i have stayed at the w many times and only visited the st regis once since it opened. if you like w's then i would definitely stay a this w because it is a nice property. if you like a lively bar this is also your place.

the st regis is very formal and i think you will find it expensive. my example is the hotel taxi to the airport. last month i was asking our driver about the st regis and he said the 350 peso fare to the airport from the w was twice that from the st regis even though it is closer. i can only imagine what they are charging for drinks.

from an upgrade standpoint you will get a superior room which is quite nice and if you are lucky a corner suite which is really nice. as the hotel is fairly new all the rooms are good.