FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Autumn Run - Mixing Business with Pleasure -LHR-ORD-LAS-SFO-LHR (with UA and US)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:42 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part VI - What the Hell am I doing drinking in LA? LAX-LAS

LA... LA..

Soon enough I was wondering around LAX T7. Looks nice and modern - and whilst I *could* go and get an In-and-Out Burger, I decided just to head to the lounge. An early start and a comfortable wait with an active WiFi account was an easy win here.

The RCC lounge at LAX is of MUCH higher quality that of ORD (if anything - B18 is the nearest thing that could hold a candle to it) with access to drinks and a wider range of snacks too. It was well lit, and with lots of natural sunlight coming in (if filtered with blinds), it was a very relaxing environment - enough to spend a couple of hours for the next flight without any particular panic.

The RCC innards

Coffee Bar

Food Menu

My plane at the gate

Boarding again was done by Zones, with Star Gold boarding after 1K/GS and F. I was assigned 10A - an E+ Row in-front of the emergency exit. Whilst this would mean minimal recline, for a 50 minute hop - that wasn't that important.

Los Angeles International - Las Vegas McCarran International.
United Airlines UA378, 26/10/09
Airbus A320, Version 2 Configuration, Seat 10A
236 miles flown, 600 earned.
Channel 9: Off

The Pictures

The Encounter on taxi..

After a short taxi, we pulled up into the air and over the pacific, before turning inland and making the short hop over to LAS.

Obligatory A380 Photo - Both a QF747 and A380

Up again...

E+ Seat

A quick drinks run was done - this being an exTED route ... drinks were done TED style

TED - Happy to Share Cola with Anyone - but in single cup! RAR!

However, there was still time to set up an IFE system...

However there wasn't much time to drink it, and service was cleared up before landing in Las Vegas McCarran Airport.

Turning for LAS

The strip...

Overall - E+ wasn't needed for this hop - but was appreciated by the Chicago Ground Team. Whilst a TED style drink may be appropriate - it does feel like it cheapens the service slightly. But again - 50 minutes from wheels up to down doesn't leave a lot of time for a drinks run - let alone anything else...

And Welcome!

Last edited by Kevincm; May 7, 2010 at 6:30 pm