FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Autumn Run - Mixing Business with Pleasure -LHR-ORD-LAS-SFO-LHR (with UA and US)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:32 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
ORD-LAX in UA First

Chicago O'Hare International - Los Angeles International
United Airlines UA531, 26/10/09
Boeing 767-300 Domestic Configuration
Seat 4J - United First
Channel 9: On

The Pictures
I was greeted and went to my seat a 4J. I thought the numbering was bit odd, until I saw the innards - a Boeing 767-300 greeted me. On top of that, a Window seat too. I quickly stowed what I needed, and sat down in the big recliner that was waiting for me.

Juicey...

Pretty soon a drinks round of orange or water was done as boarding continued. Service items were mostly collected up and eventually, the plane pushed back and taxied around.

After a while, wheels went up, and it was off into the big blue for a while. Service was delayed for 25 minutes as turbulence was a bit rough, but eventually, the flight attendants were released, so service could begin.

Yes - United's Signature Dish. The drink might be familiar. Here's a hint - there's Vodka inside

An offer of a Turkey roll or an Asian Salad was made. I once again wondered what sesame dressing would be deemed as Asian today.

Don't you hate being right

However - this is one of the better salads I've had in the air - least of all with size but with content. The salad itself was fresh - the chicken not overly dry. The Tomato Bisk was also very nice - very flavoursome.

Compared to some meals I've had in the air - it was very edible.

The flight then settled into a slow journey across the Americas, passing slowly away. I felt the need for a bit of IFE... and as the United options weren't too hot - there was only one thing I could do...

Ghetto IFE system - compatible with United First (Family Guy: PTV)

The seat itself was well spaced at a 38" pitch - adequate for a 4 hour flight, but still required the person next door to climb out if you want to go to the small room. Recline is of a mechanical nature as opposed to electric

Time passed, and slowly the journey came to an end, crossing the Grand Canyon...

with regular water runs...

and finally ending up in LAX, touching down on scheduled.

Overall: First is sometimes an overused word. Business would be a better descriptor in terms of the seat, and space (Least of all - compared to International 767). Still service was excellent and carried out with a smile. Nice one crew.

Last edited by Kevincm; May 7, 2010 at 6:31 pm