FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:01 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by schley
You mean like we are doing right now running for Talk Board? People are going to vote for others that they can identify with, or they will simply remember who they WON'T vote for. I think people tend to remember the negatives about others more so and when you look at any election some votes are protest votes. They won't vote for you or me simply because they remember something one of us may have posted that they can't get past. It is reality.

However my idea isn't an election with candidates running. It is recognition for posters who go above and beyond. There are no losers, only winners as I see it.

I agree issues would have to be worked out through a discussion but I would like to see some form of this whether I'm selected for Talk Board or not. I just think it is a good idea and one I would throw out there as a general member for the elected candidates to discuss if I wasn't elected.
I'm not sure I agree. Even with recognition events like "Employee of the Month" you always have to weight the backlash from those who wonder why they're NOT employee of the month. Human nature.