FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breaking STAR news for AE members from the MegaDo
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:53 pm
RCyyz

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
3. The President of LH made a somewhat snide remark to us this afternoon in response to a question from a M&M member about F awards particularly on the new A380s.
A small clarification - it was Thierry Antinori who I believe is the senior VP of Marketing & Sales of LH who said that. He further insinuated that the LH team is looking to prioritise Miles & More members (HON then Senators) first on F rewards. I think this makes a lot of sense particularly if they do HON, Senators then *A Golds (then everyone else) in that order. How they would do that will be interesting - I suppose that perhaps the windows for booking will be different (HON get 365 days advance, Senators get 250 days advance, *A Gold get 100 days advance or something like that).

We also had a speech from Mr. Wolfgang Mayrhuber who is the CEO of LH. I was deeply impressed that a (very humble and quite personable) guy who runs a company of 105,000 employees globally managed to take some time out of his undoubtedly insanely busy day to meet with a bunch of FT'ers. I'm sure there are LH employees who have never seen / met the CEO yet we did.

And lastly (and not to try and hijack this thread because there will be others on this) - the *A MegaDo was IMHO a fantastic success. I was and remain very touched by the degree to which UA, CO, SAS and especially LH went out of their way to accomodate us in every manner. I have to say, after spending this much time with some very senior folks (and some not so senior ones) at LH, I am convinced that they get it. LH really understands the flying business and they truly, really and honestly value what their best frequent flyers bring to the mix. LH really saw this whole thing as an opportunity to touch and be touched by a bunch of passionate frequent flyers. I have no doubt that they will reap many rewards because of their efforts over the past few days. Speaking personally, my intention is to start flying LH metal as much as I reasonably can. And I don't intend to wait for the 380 either!