FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:34 am
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RichMSN
There's also the issue that not everyone is well-liked, even if very helpful and whether this well-intentioned idea would turn into a personality and popularity contest. And if there would be hard feelings (unnecessary ones) as a result.
You mean like we are doing right now running for Talk Board? People are going to vote for others that they can identify with, or they will simply remember who they WON'T vote for. I think people tend to remember the negatives about others more so and when you look at any election some votes are protest votes. They won't vote for you or me simply because they remember something one of us may have posted that they can't get past. It is reality.

However my idea isn't an election with candidates running. It is recognition for posters who go above and beyond. There are no losers, only winners as I see it.

I agree issues would have to be worked out through a discussion but I would like to see some form of this whether I'm selected for Talk Board or not. I just think it is a good idea and one I would throw out there as a general member for the elected candidates to discuss if I wasn't elected.