FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Open Forum for Candidates
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:18 am
aviators99

Originally Posted by RichMSN
I see problems with the implementation of this. First, you'd have to do something like this board by board -- some of us post only on one board and some very helpful people on one board (I'll use BA since I never go there and it's a very active board) would be unknown to many other people.

There's also the issue that not everyone is well-liked, even if very helpful and whether this well-intentioned idea would turn into a personality and popularity contest. And if there would be hard feelings (unnecessary ones) as a result.

Also, I wonder who would implement and run such a thing.

I think a more modest effort like acknowledging people in TalkMail or in forums themselves could be done, but something like this would have to be carefully considered with the possible positives and negatives completely considered. I'd be willing to have this conversation as a member of TB, but would hold my judgment on a vote on such a thing until such a conversation has fleshed out.
It would be easy to do with nominations board-by-board, with posting samples provided by the moderators of each board. Then the entire set of moderators could vote, based on the samples provided, and any other research they felt like doing. It would be run like the Oscars(r).