FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS Satisfaction Survey
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:27 am
tony flynn

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Originally Posted by bkafrick
The evidence is what I posted. Thats what this whole thread is discussing.
Sorry bkafrick but nothing will change.

Avis is yet another large company that has discovered that saying sorry is cheaper and easier than fixing the problem.

I spoke to a CSR in Barcelona and one in Bracknell in the UK yesterday, both were outstanding but they have no power to change anything at the lazy and sloppy locations that I've dealt with recently.

Expect an email like the two below, these are two answers to two different problems encountered recently, it's the stock answer to whatever problem that you ask them to address.

I doubt that when Microsoft invented copy and paste that they realised they were also inventing a whole new genre of customer service.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Any difficulties or problems encountered are a concern to us, and we apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you were caused. This commitment to Avis customers is taken very seriously; therefore, a copy of your report has been forwarded to the responsible manager as well as Avis? Quality Assurance Department. You can be sure that your comments have been well-noted and appropriate action will be taken.

Although we realize we cannot make up for a disappointing experience such as this, we do appreciate your feedback. Only by being made aware of a problem can we fix it and offer the high quality of service that Avis customers expect and deserve.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to address your issue. We sincerely appreciate the business you have given us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,'

Or perhaps try....

'Dear Mr. Flynn,

Thank you for contacting us through the Avis Website.

I'm sorry for the troubles you experienced with your current and past rentals. When traveling we understand the importance of providing quick and efficient service; an expectation we strive to meet with each rental, whether you?re traveling on business or pleasure.

Avis takes seriously its commitment to have the confirmed car available when and where the customer has reserved it. While Avis strives to give you the best service possible, we want to take this opportunity to point out that although car sizes are guaranteed, specific makes or models, or optional features cannot be guaranteed. We do show that the vehicle you received is in the car class that you had reserved.

Any difficulties or problems encountered are a concern to us, and we apologize most sincerely for the inconvenience you were caused. This commitment to Avis customers is taken very seriously; therefore, a copy of your report has been forwarded to the responsible manager as well as Avis? Quality Assurance Department. You can be sure that your comments have been well-noted and appropriate action will be taken.

Although we realize we cannot make up for a disappointing experience such as this, we do appreciate your feedback. Only by being made aware of a problem can we fix it and offer the high quality of service that Avis customers expect and deserve.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to address your issue. We sincerely appreciate the business you have given us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,'

Last edited by tony flynn; Nov 6, 2009 at 1:38 am