FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 7: What would you say to IB about tech issues?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:16 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
submitted by wharvey
Many of us have experienced technical issues with Flyertalk after the sale to Internet Brands. If you had the chance to sit down with IB leaders, what would you tell them they need to do to improve the Flyertalk experience for its members?
I've addressed this in another question.

Someone needs to step up and be a liasion between IB and FT members. While in theory this would be Randy, I've seen too many instances lately where Randy isn't aware of issues or changes and I'm convinced it's because Randy already has a lot on his plate. I do not know if this would be someone from TalkBoard, although I think this would be a great role for one of the elected representatives.

If that person was me, I would sit down with a list of concerns brought to me by members and would ask, mainly, for one thing -- a lurker who could have his/her own forum to address questions like this directly. I would suggest as the model the very excellent William Sanders, the Starwood Lurker, who does not always have pleasant or popular news for people and is not afraid to tell people when they are being a bit unreasonable, but is pretty much universally respected.

Whether IB would be willing to do that is another question only they can answer, but it's time someone steps up and tries to get them to the table to talk directly to the customers.